3 Replies Latest reply: Mar 14, 2013 10:13 AM by Asaf Tannenbaum RSS

Personalize chat invitations on the fly?

Currently Being Moderated

Based on seeing a visitor in our web site (www.TonerRefillKits.com) this morning who came as a result of searching Google for "Sharp Z830 toner refill" I tried engaging him/her adding "The Z830 is a breeze to refill and it will save you 70% vs. the office superstore prices (and it's completely guaranteed to work and takes only 5 - 10 minutes"

(The people in our office who normally man LP tell me "engage" never works and "invite" makes people run away.  So, I thought I would give it a try...)

Nothing happened.

I stopped the engage and tried again.  Nothing happened.

I then tried engaging myself (I was on our web site using Chrome) and saw a red X appear up on the right hand corner of the address bar indicating "popup blocked")

I tried sending a chat invitation to myself and it came through just fine.

I then looked to see if there as a way to modify the invitation message on the fly as easily as the engage process and didn't find a way to do so (I did find mentions of dynamic text, but that wasn't what I was looking for.)

I engaged LP support in a chat and James told me that because of the way engage is coded vs. the way invite is coded, engage is far more likely to be blocked.

Asking him if there was a way to do what I was trying to achieve with invite, he said, "No."

Does anyone have a suggestion how to do this (I can't be the only business owner who would love to have a much less frequently blocked invite popup personalized...)

Thank you, in advance, for the help!

John Galt - "TheRefillMan"

www.TonerRefillKits.com

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 5 points
  • Helpful Answers - 4 points